E-Learning Theory and Practice
Although I have no full-time work experience, I have had a part-time job in my family business in the marketing and the finance department. My family business activities are Real estate, Gas stations & Supermarkets and it is located back home in Saudi Arabia. Each day, when faced with new issues and challenges at my workplace, I made use of my eLearning techniques knowledge. For example, I often utilized eLearning research methods to come up with the right decision concerning particular tasks set in front of me by the working situation. I have also acquired experience as a project manager directing the eLearning project for a small group of employees.
This experience helped me understand that my role as a leader in the eLearning process is to:
- Identifying the real educational needs of the firm’s employees;
- Setting an eLearning goal for the team;
- Finding relevant kinds of eLearning activities that may benefit the team in the most effective way;
- Planning of learning activities;
- Implementing the developed educational plan;
- Addressing all the possible emergencies that may arise during the educational process;
- Supervising meetings, where the results of eLearning sessions are discussed with employees.
Besides, in case I was a leader of the eLearning process may identify that certain educational methods and strategies appear to be unsuccessful in the conditions of the enterprise, my role will be in changing the inefficient strategies for those efficient in the current business situation. Also, as eLearning programs and supplements are often provided by professional developers, my role as a leader in the eLearning process will be in ensuring that the provider of the service offers a product that fits the specific educational goals and requirements of the enterprise, and is in the full accord with the business plan of the enterprise. This is both important for the one who controls the educational process or a leader, and for the directorship of the enterprise as its members should be informed regarding the quality of the eLearning product, provided by the supplier.