Tesco.com Management’s Recommendations for Competition
Porter argues competitive advantages as the way by which a company competes in the market. It is a set of tools or advantages that able a company to get an extra benefit over the competitors. To sustain itself in the market, every organization requires unique sets of advantages, which its competitors did not possess. In the case of Tesco, their main competitive advantages are the huge number of outlets, a large online storefront, and a strong delivery chain. Some specific recommendations will make better the business of Tesco. They are as follows:
- It should keep the increase rate of expansion through establishing new outlets both in the UK and outside the UK.
- It should expand the line of products so that customers can get everything they want.
- It should prompt the delivery to the customer by increasing its delivery van and the staff.
- It should take attempt to increase the member of club card to well known about their customer.
- It should increase the budget for research on changing demand, logistics and outsourcing issues to improve the effectiveness and flexibility of its manufacturing and logistics.
- It should make the website more user-friendly to their customers, so the addressing product is easy.
- It should use the promotional campaign to aware the customer about their product.
- It should simplify some of its critical circuits by eliminating vulnerability for electronic brokerage, viruses, worms, or the like. Therefore, it should ensure much security in information systems, billing processes and transmitting signals via their communication webs.
- It should expand the area of non-food items and the market share of the non-food items.